The Rantsfloor

View previous topic | View next topic  

cwjakesteel
Improv Master
Improv Master

jm.gif

votes: 18

Post: 276   Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:45 pm   Reply with quote

I don't know if any of you remember, but a while back I posted a rant about a game I was playing where a moderator banned a bunch of players including me as an act of racism. Recently that same moderator and a group of his 'supporters' wrote some very insulting articles which have all gone public because the moderator allows such things. It is not just us Chinese who gets insulted, but also Indians, Iranians and Indonesians have been insulted with racist comments. This game is a global mmo that simulates real world politics and war, so the players act as citizens of their home country which leaves room for many ethos such as nationalism, which is heavily imported into the game.

However, the mod wrote one dreadfully horrible article calling Chinese people dead pigs. He really should have been banned for that, but they super moderators only took away his power as a moderator. Quite shameful.

Also, this may be the first post that I have told you that I am Chinese, but I am also Jamaica. I'm mixed.

Last edited by cwjakesteel on Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
lesgrillon
Improv Emperor
Improv Emperor

votes: 13

Post: 277   Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:35 am   Reply with quote

That is disgusting. What the hell is wrong with people? I'm sorry, CW.

ChesterfieldSnapdragonMcF

ca.gif

votes: 9

Post: 278   Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:28 am   Reply with quote

That's terrible, CW. Sad

And may I just add, I think it's really cool that you're part Chinese and part Jamaican.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
cwjakesteel
Improv Master
Improv Master

jm.gif

votes: 18

Post: 279   Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:31 pm   Reply with quote

ChesterfieldSnapdragonMcF wrote:
That's terrible, CW. Sad

And may I just add, I think it's really cool that you're part Chinese and part Jamaican.

Thanks. Jamaican Chinese actually make up a significant portion of the population along with Jamaican Indians.

Last edited by cwjakesteel on Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Edit reason: grammar
Firestars101
Willing Participant
Willing Participant

us.gif

Post: 280   Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:44 pm   Reply with quote

I've ranted before about my dislike of blu-ray, but I feel the strong need to do so again. Along with thousands of other people I have been brought into the Broadchurch craze. I was going to buy the region 2 dvd set, because I don't get BBC America at the house and really want to see the show. But unlike some I can't just watch the show, I love to watch every single Behind the scene, bonus feature there is, and when I go look at the blu-ray copy (because sometimes they add extra stuff onto them) I see that I am going to miss out on commentaries (my favorite part) and deleted scenes. WTF, is it really worth leaving off extras from the regular DVDs just to sell more blu-rays. I mean this show is already popular enough, it wasn't like they were going to have a hard time selling copies, but to the small group of blu-ray resistant people, its just purely frustrating, and it makes me not want to buy either the DVD or blu-ray. (I still will but that's not the point).
Really all I want to know is why its so hard to put all the extras on both copies instead of dishing out some to the DVD and all to the f'ing blu-ray.

This may not of made sense but this is the rants floor, the one place were sense isn't needed.

lesgrillon
Improv Emperor
Improv Emperor

Post: 281   Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:24 pm   Reply with quote

I hate how, when my mother is angry about something that has nothing to do with me, she will take it out on me anyway. Right now she's furious about something my brother did. It has absolutely nothing to do with me. But when I came home from work tonight, I asked my stepdad if he could take a look at my bike tomorrow because my left brake isn't working. It's a really old bike that I've practically ridden into the ground, but I take it to work when I can't get a ride both ways [which is often]. Anyway, my mom overheard me and angrily told me if I can't handle both school and a job, then I should "just quit." I never complained about not being able to handle it; I simply asked my stepdad if he could fix my brakes so I don't get killed. But that didn't matter. I was home, my brother wasn't, and my mom needed someone to yell at. I hate when she gets like that. It's not my fault that my brother's out doing stupid stuff and driving my parents crazy.

ChipEstenismyhusband
Improv Emperor
Improv Emperor

votes: 11

Post: 282   Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:24 pm   Reply with quote

My dad is so embarrassing. I just started my new job at a grocery store deli 2 days ago, and before I left for work the first day he grabbed his camera and got a picture of me (in a plain orange shirt and black pants...), and that night I came home with my apron and nametag and he's like, "Do you have them upstairs? Go put them on and I'll take a picture!" So he got another picture of me in my work apron and nametag. And then last night when I heard that my parents were going to be driving through town today (past my workplace) to go to my sister's volleyball game, I just knew my dad was gonna stop in and come by the deli. I even almost told them not to. Sure enough, about 1 hour into my shift today, my parents come by the deli so they can see where I work and everything. But worse than that, I had about 4 other coworkers around, and my dad got out his stupid camera and got a third picture of me, this time on the job. Then he told one of my coworkers in a joking way that he "just wanted to embarrass me." Ha-ha. Rolling Eyes That's exactly the same thing he said my junior year in high school when he had a meeting at my school and decided to stop into my Spanish class during my class period. It was so embarrassing. He came in and started talking to the teacher in Spanish in front of the whole class, then asked to see me out in the hall, so I followed him out and he just said something stupid like "Hey, hon, how are you doing?" Then when I had to walk back into class it was so awkward. His excuse then too was that he was "just trying to embarrass me." I'm already a shy and awkward person; I don't need him or anyone else purposely trying to make me feel even more awkward in front of my classmates or coworkers or whatever. And when I first started the job I had before this one, he decided to go to the bakery I worked at and get a picture of me standing in front of the delivery van I took on deliveries. He's so obsessed with taking the dumbest pictures.

But one of my coworkers was cool about them dropping in today. She said they were just proud of me, and as a mom who just sent her daughter off to college, she plans on dropping in and embarrassing her lots of times too.

Drew: No.

Last edited by ChipEstenismyhusband on Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
lesgrillon
Improv Emperor
Improv Emperor

Post: 283   Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:27 pm   Reply with quote

^ Wow... Shocked I'm so glad my parents don't do that.... that would be mortifying..

ca.gif

Post: 284   Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:41 pm   Reply with quote

Agreed. It sounds embarrassing and annoying.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ChipEstenismyhusband
Improv Emperor
Improv Emperor

Post: 285   Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:06 pm   Reply with quote

Yes, it is both. Rolling Eyes

ca.gif

Post: 286   Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:05 pm   Reply with quote

When I was a kid, when people took pictures of me, I'd stick my lower lip out. That might be unprofessional if you did it at work, though. Laughing

lesgrillon
Improv Emperor
Improv Emperor

Post: 287   Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:22 am   Reply with quote

Hahaha, I would make a double chin, smile real wide, and make my eyes bug out. I was a freak, though. Laughing

lesgrillon
Improv Emperor
Improv Emperor

Post: 288   Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:22 pm   Reply with quote

So I was supposed to have surgery next week, and the surgeon just called and had to postpone it indefinitely. Sad He said "at least" 3 weeks...which wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't originally supposed to have the operation at the end of August - which became September, which became October 14th, which became November 7th....and now I'm supposed wait another 3 weeks. I just want this over with so badly. It's not exactly a medical problem...I mean it is, but my physical health isn't exactly affected by it....it's just psychological hell. And it just feels like it's never going to get fixed. I don't want to say what it is, but it's a physical abnormality that can be hidden with clothing...lots and lots of baggy clothing. Sad and I'm so damn sick of it. My parents fought with the insurance company last year, because they refused to cover it, which I still don't understand because I've had more than one doctor say it's a real, genuine problem and surgery is a good solution. So my parents are paying it out of their own pockets. The problem itself is bad enough, but for someone to promise to help me and then constantly postpone it is just cruel. I'm scared that it's never going to happen.

ca.gif

Post: 289   Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:34 pm   Reply with quote

Aww, Les Sad I hope things will go well with the surgery when it finally gets done.

ChipEstenismyhusband
Improv Emperor
Improv Emperor

Post: 290   Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:10 pm   Reply with quote

My brother is so impressed with himself; I can't stand it. He really thinks he's something just because he's graduated college. And he just recently got his first job in his field, so he'll be making about $20 an hour, and he wants everyone to know it. And he always puts me down because I have a minimum wage job, saying things like I need to get out of that job and get a real job, and stupid things like that. He always tries to make me think I'm lazy or a failure just because I'm taking one college class at a time this year and working 30+ hours a week at minimum wage. I'm IN college, and I'm working to be able to pay for it. So what if I work at minimum wage? I'm only 21. Am I supposed to be making $30 an hour at 21 years old? He's five years older than me, so of course he's going to be further along in his life than I am. And of course always fails to mention that he's had about 15 minimum wage jobs to get where he is now (most of which he's gotten fired from). He has so many issues; this is just one of them.

ca.gif

Post: 291   Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:39 pm   Reply with quote

^Geez, your brother doesn't sound very nice. And I think it's impressive that you're working over 30 hours a week, even if it is at minimum wage. (I wasn't able to get that many hours at my job.) Your brother should shut up.

lesgrillon
Improv Emperor
Improv Emperor

Post: 292   Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:46 pm   Reply with quote

I really hate people sometimes. After work I went to the bank to make some deposits into the machine, and there was this Spanish speaking couple using the machine as well as one other guy in front of me. The Spanish couple was kind of taking a long time and seemed to be having some trouble with the machine. The guy in front of me was a real asshole and starting telling them to hurry up, saying stuff like, "If you're gonna take a half hour then get back in line and let someone else go." So they did and got in line behind me. But then the asshole turned to me and smiled real nicely and said, "After you," in a real polite voice. It made me feel bad. I felt bad for the couple because he was nice to me but rude to them. I hate when people are like that.

ca.gif

Post: 293   Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:04 pm   Reply with quote

^Gee, what a bastard. Sad

ChipEstenismyhusband
Improv Emperor
Improv Emperor

Post: 294   Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:16 pm   Reply with quote

Thank you Chester. Yeah it is pretty lucky that I landed a job that gives me so many hours. It really makes me appreciate my days off though. Smile

ca.gif

Post: 295   Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:37 pm   Reply with quote

Darn it, just banned 3 spammers. I have to ban several spammers a day from this board. I ban them even if they haven't made any posts. I can now automatically tell if a certain uername is a spammer username because most spammers who sign up on this board have usernames with a very specific combo of uppercase letters, lowercase letters, and numbers, and many of them have similar email addresses.

lesgrillon
Improv Emperor
Improv Emperor

Post: 296   Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:37 am   Reply with quote

Well I got to start my day with a car backing into me in the school parking lot. Confused There's no reason they shouldn't have seen me, and I don't know why they were backing up. My mom was dropping me off and we were in a long line of cars dropping off kids. Other kids were getting out and passing between the cars so I got out to do the same thing. I walked in front of my mom's car and the car in front of her backed up. Even if I wasn't there, it still would've been stupid and dangerous because my mom was right behind them. So I don't know why the hell they did that. Everyone was trying to move forward, and this idiot decided to go backwards. I yelled, "What the F***!" and it pushed me backwards but I didn't fall. I kept walking and didn't wait to see who it was, because the whole line of cars got to see it happen and I wasn't hurt, just embarrassed. My mom parked her car and yelled, "Are you okay?!" across the parking lot and I turned around to nod and the car that hit me had already driven away. I can't believe some people. Maybe it's because I just got my license, but if I ever hit anyone, even if I hadn't hurt them at all, I would probably start crying and get out to apologize. This person just drove away. I'm just glad they didn't back over my feet.

Last edited by lesgrillon on Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:39 am; edited 1 time in total

ca.gif

Post: 297   Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:24 pm   Reply with quote

Wow. I'm glad you're okay, Les.

ca.gif

Post: 298   Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:36 am   Reply with quote

Gosh darn it. Would it kill people to reply to my damn messages? Mad

ca.gif

Post: 299   Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:50 am   Reply with quote

Crap. After a few weeks of peace, spammers are coming back!

lesgrillon
Improv Emperor
Improv Emperor

Post: 300   Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:08 am   Reply with quote

I know this is sort of a bratty thing to say, but I'm starting to hate the fact that I'm getting ready to move out in about 5 months, but in the meantime I still have to ask permission to go to the bathroom or get a drink, and that the teachers can still tell me I can't pee. I don't argue or get an attitude but it bugs me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 12 of 13   Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next