Improvedy! Forum Index

Search  

Memberlist

Register Edit Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in   Chat

Improvedy! Forum Index | Downloading, Torrent, Computer & Internet Help | Print This Thread

not working

View previous topic | View next topic  

mephisto
Ticket Scalper
Ticket Scalper

Post: 1   Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:16 pm   not working Reply with quote

I was so psyched when I found this web site, but it's turned out to be a big disappointment. First of all, I tried to become a member, but there were so many problems I decided to just use the slow-download method instead. Then I discovered that Hotfiles, Oron and Rapidshare are all off line, which makes most of the WLIIA files inaccessible. The link called "Whose Line Is It Anyway - Season 1-8," which downloads from Netload, appears to be the only one that works. So I used that one. I spent days downloading via Netload and gathered more than two seasons of episodes before I discovered that these avi. files are not NTSC DVD compatible. The files have a resolution of 512 x 384, which I'm guessing is PAL format, and I've used over a dozen programs trying to convert the files so I can burn them onto a disc, but nothing has worked. The best I can do is change the resolution to 720 x 480, but that causes the picture to look squeezed (due to square pixels?). So basically I now have a hard drive full of downloaded episodes that I can't save on DVD, and I can't leave them on the computer indefinitely because they take up too much space, so I guess I'll have to delete them. What a serious waste of time. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to convert these files or where to download NTSC versions? I'd also like to get the UK episodes, if they're available.
sweetman.mccool
Willing Participant
Willing Participant

votes: 2

Post: 2   Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:21 pm   Reply with quote

DVDFab, Nero Vision.

https://www.google.com/#q=dvd+burning+software

The resolution is not PAL, nor is it NTSC. The resolution has nothing to do with that, you should have no trouble burning those files of various resolutions (ideally using the original resolutions) to DVDs. The files are simply compressed to save space and make downloading easier.

Last edited by sweetman.mccool on Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
mephisto
Ticket Scalper
Ticket Scalper

Post: 3   Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:27 pm   Reply with quote

The format must be PAL, since the pixels are square. You're correct in noting that 512 x 384 is not standard for PAL DVD's, but when converted to standard NTSC (720 x 480) the image is squeezed. I fixed the problem by stretching the image, virtually stretching the pixels from square to nonsquare, and now it looks fine. So that problem has been solved. My main concern now is that none of the other links are working anymore. The US seasons 1-8 are downloaded from a site called Netload,which is up and running. The other links were downloading from Hotfiles, Oron and Rapidshare, and all three sites are down now, so those files are inaccessible I was wondering: is it possible to set up those other files so that they can also be downloaded using Netload? That would be awesome.
sweetman.mccool
Willing Participant
Willing Participant

Post: 4   Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:27 pm   Reply with quote

What seasons are you looking for? If you have US seasons 1-8, season 9 (broadcasted in 2013) should be easy to come by, and the early broadcasts were only for 8 seasons. Unless I've read that wrong, you haven't missed any.

For the record, I've burned every single Whose Line episode to a DVD and I have not run into the problem you're describing. Regardless, you've solved it, so it doesn't really matter.

mephisto
Ticket Scalper
Ticket Scalper

Post: 5   Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:37 pm   Reply with quote

I'm looking for the UK episodes. Actually I have the first two seasons (they're out on DVD), so I just need seasons 3-10. None of the links to these episodes work, so I was wondering if they could be set up for download through Netload, like the US episodes.
sweetman.mccool
Willing Participant
Willing Participant

Post: 6   Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:01 am   Reply with quote

Have you tried the torrents?
mephisto
Ticket Scalper
Ticket Scalper

Post: 7   Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:50 pm   Reply with quote

I tried, but I've never done it before, and I couldn't get it to work. I asked a friend about it, and he told me I shouldn't use torrents, because they aren't safe. So I don't even know if I want to try again or not. For now I guess I'll keep using direct download while I learn more about torrents. Any advice would be welcome.